Friday 19 October 2012

Yr 7: EXCEL working with formulas

For this lesson you will be learning how to make Excel do the hard work for you and make calculations - much quicker than manually working out sums in your head or by calculator and then typing them in!

First, open up both MyDocs and My Computer. Resize and reposition both so you can drag files from the curriculum share / ICT / KS3 / Yr7 folder to your own ICT folder.
I've opened BOTH My Docs AND My Computer. I repositioned AND resized both windows so I'm able to drag and drop files from the curriculum share ICT folder into my own ICT folder.
In MyDocs open up your ICT folder and if you haven't already got a folder called SPREADSHEETS then click FILE > NEW FOLDER and name this.
Navigate to the usual place in My Computer. In ICT / Yr 7 find and open the MODELLING folder. Go into LESSON 1.
Drag the Excel file Zoo Activity and drop it into your own ICT/Spreadsheets folder. Do not open the file yet.

YOU NOW HAVE UP TO 5 MINUTES TO COMPLETE THE ZOO ACTIVITY WORD DOCUMENT BY HAND, USING MENTAL ARITHMETIC OR A CALCULATOR.

tbc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that all comments are moderated before publication